Typical symptoms of this condition include
- Social problems
Light affects the human body in a number of ways including
- Determining the sleeping/waking cycle
- Affecting levels of melatonin, adrenaline, seratonin and dopamine (which have influence on systems such as moods, emotions, eating and sleeping).
- Affecting the thyroid gland which in turn affects the metabolism
Light treatment has been consistently proven to have a positive effect in aiding the treatment of these conditions.
It can also be used to treat other conditions including
- Classical depression
- Pre-menstrual syndrome
- Jet lag
The Brite Box delivers the necessary intensity and quality of light that is crucial for the optimum performance of many of the body's functions. It can also have a significantly positive effect and impact on a person's emotional well being. It is portable, compact and lightweight. It has a lap top style, opening up into two screens, giving greater light output area and control over light direction.
It has a durable ABS casing and is easy to carry, transport and store. It is ideal for use in the home or office. The exceptional light quality (6000K) is comfortable on the eye and a built in 30 minute timer prevents any possibility of over exposure.
- The timer automatically cuts out after 30 minutes.
- The Brite Box is mains operated.
- It measures 510 x 300 x 125mm when closed and 510 x 530 x 62mm when open.
- It weighs only 5kg.
- The Brite Box meets British and European Safety Standards BS EN 60598-2-4:1998, BS EN 60598-1:2000 and is certified 93/42/EEC Annex V for medical devices.
- It has no UV emission and is flicker free with electronically controlled lights.